Saturday, August 30, 2008

Elephant cookies for Charlotte

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 10:24 PM


One of my best buddies in the entire world has had a rough time lately. She recently had a malignant tumour the size of a football removed from her pancreas, so she's been a little under the weather in recent weeks. Thankfully her wonderful surgeons managed to remove all of the cancer so she doesn't need chemo. Hoorah!


We decided to celebrate her speedy recovery (she's already back at work four weeks after surgery, despite doctors predicting six weeks!) by having a (short) shopping expedition today. I decided to surprise her with cookies.


Charlotte absolutely adores elephants, so when I saw an elephant cookie cutter while shopping on my lunchbreak during the week I simply had to get it so I could make Charlotte a 'I'm so happy you're cancer free' pressie.

These were decorated with grey fondant and white royal icing.

You can find the recipe for these sugar cookies here.

6 comments on "Elephant cookies for Charlotte"

BizarreQuilter on Sunday, 31 August, 2008 said...

Your cookies are swish-o! Thanks for linking your recipe too. I want to make them today. I just need to find a recipe for fondant now. I will have to crawl through your old posts to see if you posted it.

I am glad to hear your friend is on the mend. I noticed the elephant's trunk is up!! That's a good sign!

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 31 August, 2008 said...

Thanks BQ :)

I actually don't make my own fondant anymore - it's very time consuming and can get messy. I buy mine in bulk but you can also buy it in the supermarket. I'm not sure where you're from but in Australia we have the Orchard brand in a pink box - it's kept near the icing sugar or sugar at the supermarket.

Sunny on Monday, 01 September, 2008 said...

So cute Kel - i'll have to give them a try! Oh and i found some of those fiskars texture plates you suggested - they are absolute dynomite!

BizarreQuilter on Thursday, 04 September, 2008 said...

Hi Kel,

I love your blog and that's why I have nominated you for an award.

See my blog for details.

Keep it up!

Loz in Oz

Charlotte06 on Friday, 05 September, 2008 said...

Hey Kel,
Thank you so much for the cookies! They were brilliant! Sooo yummy!
xxx

kel @ sweet treats on Friday, 05 September, 2008 said...

Sunny - glad you like the Fiskar plates. There's so much scrapbooking stuff you can use for cake decorating!

Loz - thanks so much for nominating me! That's really sweet of you :) I really appreciate it!

Charli - naww anything for my favourite girl! xo

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez