Monday, February 20, 2012

Ivory and roses

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 2:07 PM
I feel awful for taking this long to post C & L's wedding cake. Their wedding was back in December and was held at the Ballarat Racecourse (where the happy couple first met, awwww!)

Now...I don't usually use my blog as a sounding board, but today I am making an exception. It was my first time dealing directly with a florist for the fresh flowers, and boy...an experience it was. I feel that as vendors we should respect each other, and trust in other vendors' knowledge of their field. This florist constantly spoke down to me and tried to tell me how to do my job as the cake decorator. It was only when I went to pick up the flowers that she looked down, saw my engagement ring and suddenly changed her attitude. Needless to say, I'll never use her for flowers, wedding or otherwise. /end rant

I managed to steal a glance at C as she arrived, and she looked absolutely stunning. The room was set up beautifully and the staff were fantastic to deal with. Big props to the Ballarat Turf Club!

Congrats C & L on your wedding!

0 comments on "Ivory and roses"

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez