Monday, February 20, 2012

Confessions of a slack blogger.

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 1:35 PM
Firstly, I must apologise for the lack of attention my poor neglected blog has received of late!





Things have been rather hectic lately - here's what I've been up to:



I finally moved in with my amazing fiance. Our house is still under construction but it's almost complete - the finish line is in sight! We just have skirting, painting, carpet (and proper electricity! I will be glad ahem SAD to see the last of the generator!) to go. When that's done I will have my very own cake ROOM! You have no idea how excited this makes me. I do a happy dance whenever I think about having all of my cake decorating equipment at easy reach. Chris even bought me a huge stainless steel work table to take pride of place in said cake room. He's a keeper! Oh, and he built our house. With his own two hands. Holy moly, he makes me proud as punch.



So anyway, this is the view from our front deck...it's just a little piece of our 45 acre property:



...and these guys are frequent visitors. I never get sick of seeing them (unless they're trying to jump in front of my car, but that's a whole other story...!)



We spent New Year's Eve with friends at a local winery. They have a 10 acre dam (yes!) which we were free to swim in (and being such a hot day/night we were grateful for the opportunity to cool off). We also encountered the amazing Zelda The Surfing Dog:





I've also had my hands full planning our engagement party and our wedding. Plus Chris has been away for work during the week the last few weeks so doing all the housey stuff myself has been keeping me occupied. Factor in some cakes and hey presto! Kel is crazy busy.


So tell me, reader...what's been keeping you occupied since we last spoke?

0 comments on "Confessions of a slack blogger."

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez