Thursday, November 3, 2011

Shell and Ash tie the knot!

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:05 PM
Shell and I have been friends since high school, and I was honoured to not only be the cake maker for her wedding, but a guest as well.




When Shell asked me to make her wedding cake I expected she would give me some ideas and we would come up with a concept for her dream cake. I was a little shocked to say the least when she told me I could do anything I want. ANYTHING I WANT. Err...anything? Yep, ANYTHING!



So...I pretty much made my dream wedding cake. The bottom tier was white chocolate mud, the middle was dark chocolate mud and the top tier was white chocolate and raspberry swirl. All were torted and coated in white chocolate ganache before I covered them in ivory fondant. I used white as an accent colour, which looked amazing against the ivory. The bottom tier was decorated with stylish white stripes, while the middle tier was quilted and accented with swiss dots. The top tier was stenciled and decorated with fresh pink orchids.



The cake was a big hit at the wedding, and I even had a hotel owner tell his daughter that he wanted to have his chef recreate the recipe for his restaurant! Big props to me, woohoo!



This was one of the most amazing weddings I've ever had the pleasure of attending. The day was so full of love and laughter. I was also thrilled to be asked to be part of the 'flash mob' that took place midway through the reception. Shell had organised a group of approximately twenty girls to join her and her bridesmaids in a choreographed dance to Bruno Mars' song Marry You. It was so much fun watching the unsuspecting guests' faces as they watched us sprint to join in the dance.




Congrats Mr and Mrs W - may your lives be filled with joy, laughter and love. Love you guys to pieces!

0 comments on "Shell and Ash tie the knot!"

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez