Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Baa-utiful Wedding!

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 6:16 PM
Ahahaha. The title of this post made me laugh more than it should. It's been a big couple of weeks.


Pauline and Trevor are friends of my family and have been for several years. My mum and Pauline met when my sister and Pauline's daughter became best friends about 10 years ago. When Pauline asked me to do the honour of making her wedding cake, I had to double check her request.



"You want a sheep, a cow, an alpaca, a dog, some chickens and bride and groom figurines?"



"Yep!"



Pauline and Trevor met while they were both working in the stock industry and she wanted to incorporate cows and sheep into the cake. They now live on a property where they keep chickens, alpacas and dogs. This cake was very much about their lives together, which I thought was very sweet.

I'm disappointed I didn't take more photos of the figurines as I thought they were very cute...but sometimes life just gets in the way.


Congratulations to the happy couple! Thank you so much for asking me to do your cake and for inviting me to your special day.

1 comments on "A Baa-utiful Wedding!"

Hannah on Friday, 03 June, 2011 said...

Hello! I'm from Philippines! :) I just started blogging about food. Please follow me and I'll follow you too! :) http://eaternalfeast.blogspot.com

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez