Monday, January 3, 2011

Toblerone cheesecake

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 3:44 PM
I spied a massive Toblerone at the supermarket before Christmas and snapped it up with the intention of creating...something. I figured I could always eat it if I couldn't think of a single thing to make. Ha!

I was in charge of providing a dessert for my dad's family Christmas in Melbourne so I thought I'd make a Toblerone cheesecake. I'll admit, I did eat some of the Toblerone. Sue me.

Here's how you make it:
120g unsalted butter, melted
250g sweet biscuits (I used Arnott's Chocolate Ripple)
250g Toblerone chocolate
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Grab a 20cm springform cake tin. Using a food processor, crush biscuits to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process until well combined. Turn out mixture into cake tin and push down mixture using the back of a spoon until spread evenly. Place tin in fridge to chill.
Using a mixer (such as my trusty KitchenAid) whip the cream to soft peaks. Add vanilla, sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
Melt Toblerone using microwave (or double boiler if you're so inclined). If using the microwave, make sure you nuke the chocolate in short bursts to avoid burning it. Gently fold chocolate in to cheese mixture. When well combined, pour into prepared cake tin and smooth top with a pallet knife.
I decorated mine with chocolate shavings and edible glitter (it's Christmas, after all!)
Note: because this recipe has no gelatine in it, be sure to keep the cheesecake chilled until you are ready to serve. No one wants a piece of sloppy cheesecake!

0 comments on "Toblerone cheesecake"

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez