Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quick treats to sweeten your afternoon

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 3:47 PM
I've finally got my baking mojo back after the personal dramas of the past few weeks and I thought I'd celebrate by creating some yummy treats to spoil my family with.

The first treat I made was chocolate and dulce de leche truffles. I know, I know...I've got to get over the dulce de leche thing. But while there is still some in the can, there will be more recipes. It's just the way I roll. Apologies for the lack of 'in progress' pictures but as you can appreciate, truffle making is a dirty business.
Chocolate and dulce de leche truffles

1 packet Arnotts Granita biscuits
3 tbl cocoa
1 can condensed milk (minus a couple of tablespoons - feel free to eat it haha)
Dessicated coconut, for rolling
1/4 can dulce de leche or similar caramel

Place biscuits and cocoa in food processor and blend until fine crumbs form. Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and pour in condensed milk. Mix with wooden spoon until mixture is well combined. With damp hands, take tablespoons of the mixture and flatten with fingers. Add half a teaspoon of dulce de leche to centre and bring sides up to enclose. Roll mixture until a ball forms and then roll in coconut. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining mixture. Refrigerate until firm.
Enjoy!

Next on the agenda were some apple and cinnamon muffins. I have made these before but I decided to make them into regular sized muffins rather than Texas sized. This is largely due to the fact that all my cake tins are in storage until I have my own place again. Plus I had an excuse to whip out these cute liners again. The recipe made 16 regular sized muffins.
Apple and cinnamon muffins
2 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 1/4 cups milk
90g butter, melted
3 medium sized apples, diced (I used Royal Gala)
Preheat oven to 180 celsius (160 fan forced). Line tray with muffin liners. Sift flour into large mixing bowl and stir in sugar and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre and add egg, milk and butter. Stir in apples. Spoon into prepared muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.

Enjoy!

0 comments on "Quick treats to sweeten your afternoon"

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez