Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kelly and Ben's Wedding

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 3:17 PM
The 3rd of October was a scary date for me. It was my first tiered wedding cake and I was more than a little apprehensive about how it was going to go. Because of my unexpected move away from Melbourne it made me that little bit more nervous about transporting the cakes because I was now taking them on a 2 1/2 hour journey from Ballarat to Bram Leigh in Croydon.

I made the decision to stack the entire thing at the venue to ensure that there was no chance of my fondant bulging or the cakes sliding off each other. I'm so glad I took the time to set it up at the venue as this seemed to work magnificently.
Kelly and Ben chose three flavours - the bottom tier was dark chocolate mud torted with rich dark chocolate ganache; the middle tier was white chocolate mud torted with silky white chocolate ganache, and the top tier was lemon torted with vanilla buttercream. All three tiers were covered in white fondant and I added blush pink sugar roses to the top tier.
The accents were supplied by the bride and were comprised of gorgeous lace, ribbons and strings of pearls.
Walking into the reception was like walking into my dream wedding. The tables were decorated with vintage accents in gorgeous creams and pinks. Candles sat high on each table and the chair covers were accented with champagne coloured sashes. Just stunning.

Congratulations to Kelly and Ben - may your future together be full of love and happiness.

8 comments on "Kelly and Ben's Wedding"

Anonymous said...

beautiful Kel =)

Love VG

Love Em said...

That cake is gorgeous!!!!

Stace said...

Devine Kel, just Beautiful.

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes on Wednesday, 07 October, 2009 said...

What an amazing job Kel, you should be so proud!

Hardy.Originals on Wednesday, 07 October, 2009 said...

Beautiful...
I love that venue... what a great place to have a wedding... (my sister got married there also)
your amazing kel. lovely, lovely, lovely cake...
xxx
B

Sandra said...

hey kel, how do you get the layers to stay on top of each other? help!

kel @ sweet treats on Friday, 30 October, 2009 said...

Sandra - each layer is on a cake board that is a tiny bit smaller than the cake (so you can't see the board at all). You need to use dowels or straws in each layer to support the weight of the next layer.

This video might help - Edna has heaps of awesome videos on YouTube which are really helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvaCSW78ybc

kel @ sweet treats on Friday, 30 October, 2009 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez