Thursday, October 8, 2009

Peach Crumble Muffins

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 1:09 PM
I'm currently on annual leave so I'm going a little stir crazy and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who you talk to) I am addicted to the kitchen. I was itching to bake something today but because I am staying with family I don't have my fully stocked pantry at hand. I spied some peaches in the fridge and thought I'd bake them into some low fat muffins for my family to enjoy.


I used low cholesterol margarine instead of butter (I know, cardinal sin!) in an effort to keep these healthy for my dad. Feel free to use butter instead if you're not concerned.


2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg, whisked
1 1/4 cups milk
90g low fat margarine
1 1/4 cup diced tinned peaches, drained
2 tbls rolled oats


Preheat oven to 180 celsius (160 fan forced). Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre and add margarine, milk and egg. Mix until well combined and add peaches. Spoon into muffin cases and sprinkle oats over top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.

Enjoy!

1 comments on "Peach Crumble Muffins"

RR on Friday, 09 October, 2009 said...

oh my,they do look lovely

rachel
x

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez