Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wedding bells - Caroline and Mark get married

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 5:29 PM

When it began to storm here in Melbourne yesterday I began to worry that I was becoming a bad omen for weddings that I am doing cakes for. The last wedding I did the cakes for got rained on, and when the skies opened up yesterday I hoped that my bad luck did not rub off on Caroline and Mark.

Luckily for them, the skies are clear today (albeit a little chilly) so it was a great day for a wedding.

I dropped these cakes off at Champions at Federation Square - great venue!

Caroline and Mark had chosen to have 120 mini cupcakes to accompany their dessert, as well as a cutting cake. The cutting cake was dark chocolate mud and was torted and iced with white chocolate ganache to give it a 'rustic' look. It took all my willpower not to eat it myself...mmm.

The mini cupcakes were a mixture of lemon cake topped with cream cheese icing, chocolate cake topped with raspberry buttercream and vanilla bean cake topped with vanilla bean buttercream.

Congratulations to Caroline and Mark - all the very best on your wedding day!
Update: Monday 6th April 2009
The lovely Caroline had some wonderful feedback for me and she graciously let me share it with all of you.
"Hi Kellie,

What can I say? WOW!! The cake was fantastic. All of the guests commented on how fabulous the cake looked and tasted. As soon as we gave everyone the go ahead to help themselves, the cake was surrounded by the eager hoards. Everyone had been admiring it from afar. You did an amazing job and we are extremely grateful for all of your help and efforts. We can't thank you enough. Amazing.

Thank you

Caroline and Mark"

Thanks again for being such a wonderful couple to work with! Congratulations again!

4 comments on "Wedding bells - Caroline and Mark get married"

weenie_elise on Monday, 06 April, 2009 said...

did they love them?

Ange said...

Oh fabbo Kel! Clever girl...

kel @ sweet treats on Monday, 06 April, 2009 said...

Elise - they sure did! I've updated the post with some feedback from the lovely couple.

Thanks Ange!

Renee on Tuesday, 07 April, 2009 said...

looks great Kel! Well done!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez