Saturday, March 28, 2009

Storage of cake related goodies

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 6:08 PM
I thought some of you may be interested in where I keep all of my supplies for cake making. Today I had the house to myself so I took the opportunity to clear out my storage cupboard and cull some of my cake stuff.

J saw me pulling some muffin cases out of a cupboard in the kitchen the other day and said 'oh God, has it spread in here too??' He thought all of my supplies were confined to the cupboard in the hall. How wrong he was.

I have stuff stashed in the alcohol cupboard. I have stuff stashed in the little cupboard next to the dishwasher. I have cake tins shoved in my pantry. I have stuff sitting in a box above the stove. I also have a massive box in the top of my wardrobe.

However, most of my cake related goodies are in this magnificent five-drawer storage unit in the cupboard in the hall.


Below, is the contents of this handy storage facility.

Clockwise from top left:
1. Essences, glitter, petal dusts/shimmers, food colours, cellogen, glycerine, glucose, gelatine.
2. Sprinkles, sprinkles and more sprinkles. Cachous, pearls, fondant.
3. Cutters (and no, that's not all of them).
4. Lots and lots of baking cups in various sizes and materials (mini, medium, large, Texas...paper and foil).
5. Cake decorating equipment - fondant smoothers, piping bags, piping tips, knives, tweezers, impression mats, straws (I use these as supports in my cakes).

Above: a close up of my copious amounts of cupcake and muffin liners.

Below: a close up of my colours, dusts, glitters etc.

So there you have it - my (somewhat organised) collection of cake-related goodies. J keeps telling me to stop buying more stuff...but he's never going to win that fight ;)

5 comments on "Storage of cake related goodies"

Bec :) said...

At least you are organised! Looks very good.

Love the new layout too.

Charlotte said...

Has J seen this and finally realised how much you've got?

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 29 March, 2009 said...

Hmm Charli I am hoping he continues living in his bubble...hehehe :)

Gab on Sunday, 29 March, 2009 said...

I have cupcake cupboard envy!!

Love your new blog look too :)

Jodes said...

You'll need a bigger house soon Kel to store it all in!!! :P

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez