Monday, January 26, 2009

A different type of cake

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 7:16 AM
My gorgeous friend Juanita and her partner Stu welcomed a new addition to their family last week - a little boy named Jeetan, a brother for Ezekeil.

My original gift plans went out the window when Jeetan was born - Juanita had been told she was expecting a girl, so it was a big surprise when Jeetan popped out after a very short and drug free labour (2 1/2 hours, lucky girl!)

I knew that Juanita had kept all of Zeke's clothes so I didn't get more clothes for Jeetan; instead, I got some necessities that would come in handy.

I put together some lotions, baby shampoo, nappy sacks, disposable nappies, face washers and blankets and created a two tiered nappy cake, topped with a gorgeous plush puppy.

Congratulations to Juanita, Stu and Zeke on the safe arrival of Jeetan.

3 comments on "A different type of cake"

Annie on Monday, 26 January, 2009 said...

That looks gorgeous Kel, what a great idea!

one little simitopian on Monday, 26 January, 2009 said...

That's such a sweet gift idea!

2 and 1/2 hours!? Wow. Lucky indeed!

kel @ sweet treats on Monday, 26 January, 2009 said...

Thanks guys :)

Now I just need another friend to have a baby so I can make another one lol!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez