Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cupcake class

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 5:47 AM
A reader of my blog, Linda, asked me if I'd help her with her piping skills. I was happy to help out - a day of cupcake decorating sounded good to me!

We decided to do some work with buttercream and fondant, as well as some modelling. Purple was the colour of choice for the buttercream, and Linda decided it would be a great idea to do some Halloween cupcakes while we were at it. Thank goodness Linda suggested it as I always forget to do anything remotely Halloween related until it's too late. My birthday is on Halloween (31st Oct) so I'm always thinking about my birthday rather than Halloween!
Here's some of Linda's cupcakes:

And here are some of mine - lil ghostie was my favourite!

Linda (left) and me (right) after a big day of cupcaking!
Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments on "Cupcake class"

Anonymous said...

Yay for cupcake class! You are clearly a great teacher Kel. x

Kel on Sunday, 26 October, 2008 said...

You girls are REALLY clever! Kel, I so wish you were a Sydney chickie :)

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 26 October, 2008 said...

Awww thanks girls! It was a great day :) Plus Linda brought me home made sherbet, how cool is that!!

Anonymous said...

The ghost is my fave too.

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez