Monday, June 9, 2008

Sweet like chocolate...

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 6:45 PM
...white chocolate, that is!

I desperately needed to perfect a delish white chocolate recipe for a cake I've got coming up next week, so I gave this recipe a whirl. I used a different ganache though, as I have far too much of a sweet tooth to use sour cream!

For my ganache, I heated 150 ml thickened cream on a gentle heat and added 200g chopped white chocolate. Stir until completely dissolved. Transfer into a heatproof bowl, cover loosely with gladwrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Stir the ganache (zap in the microwave for 10-20 seconds if it's a bit thick) and spread over the cake with an offset spatula.

This cake got the thumbs up from my resident white chocolate fanatic (my partner J) so definitely give it a whirl - it's delicious!

1 comments on "Sweet like chocolate..."

Anonymous said...

yum! looks delicious Kel, love the decoration.

ps: thanks for the comments, it's a fun learning curve.

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez