Saturday, June 14, 2008

May the force be with you, Mike

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 9:57 AM
A friend of mine, Meri, asked me to do a cake for her hubby's birthday. Mike's a mad Star Wars fan so it was only natural that I create a Star Wars themed cake.

I created a tall, 17cm white chocolate mud cake and slathered it in white chocolate ganache. The cake was framed by a chocolate buttercream shell pattern.


Adorning the top were two figurines that I sculped out of sugarpaste. At Mike's request, these figures were the likeness of Obi Wan and Anakin. In times like this, Google images comes in very handy for a Star Wars virgin like myself.

Happy birthday Mike!

8 comments on "May the force be with you, Mike"

giz on Sunday, 15 June, 2008 said...

Nicely done and may the force be with you too :)

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 15 June, 2008 said...

Hahaha why thankyou Giz!

Sunny on Sunday, 15 June, 2008 said...

Looks yummers. Just wanted to let you know i tried your tim tam cheesecake for my partners birthday and it was fabulous!!! thanks heaps kel! ps. LOVE the cakes you've been doing lately. They are so gorgeous!!

chrisssy on Monday, 16 June, 2008 said...

wow. jeez mate you did a fantastic job! i hope you have a shop or something because my mate and I are cupcake fanatics and would love to see your work up close!

great job mate.

kel @ sweet treats on Monday, 16 June, 2008 said...

Aww Sunny thanks for your lovely comments! I love that cheesecake...ahhh I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Chrisssy - I'd love to open a shop one day! It's just a matter of getting some money together and doing lots of homework about how to run a business I guess!

Thanks so much for everyone's wonderful comments...my partner just asked why I was grinning and I told him that my readers make me sooo happy :D

Anonymous said...

wow very cool! I have a star wars fanatic friend who would LOVE this cake.

Anonymous said...

Looks great Kel! Did Mez Love it?

kel @ sweet treats on Friday, 20 June, 2008 said...

She sure did Stace!

I got some great feedback from her. Apparently she went to have seconds and the cake had already been completely devoured hehe!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez