Friday, June 20, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 10:10 PM
Nicole asked me to do a cake for her dad's 50th birthday party. The stipulations were that it had to be mud cake and it had to involve a Studebaker Champ.


Thank god for Google. I thought a Studebaker was some sort of root vegetable up until that point.

I baked two mud cakes; one a 23cm round deep pan and a log cake. I torted and iced the cake with lucious chocolate buttercream.


The log cake was cut at two-thirds of the way along to form the cab and chassis.
We decided to jazz up the truck with some rice paper flames down the sides.

The numberplate was personalised with the birthday boy's nickname.
Happy Birthday Gerry!

2 comments on "Keep on Truckin'"

Lisa loves cake on Wednesday, 02 July, 2008 said...

This cake is absolutely awesome Kel, I bet everyone loved it! Have you taught yourself how to do all of this, or have you taken cake decorating courses? If you have taken courses, is there anywhere in Melbourne you would particularly recommend?

kel @ sweet treats on Wednesday, 02 July, 2008 said...

Hi Lisa,

I haven't done any courses - I'm completely self taught.

I would love to do a course at some point though to refine my skills. If you find a course in Melbs please let me know, I'd love to come along!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez