Sunday, May 18, 2008

Individual caramelised pear tarts

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:13 PM
I was craving a warming, comforting dessert that was capable of letting me forget about the freezing temperatures outdoors. Melbourne has been struck by two days of solid rain, and while I cannot complain in the slightest (god knows Melbourne needs the rain...we're the most drought affected capital city in Australia) I was feeling quite chilly and needed something to warm me up.

I lined a couple of small tart tins with a couple of sheets of filo pastry, which I folded up and roughly scrunched into the tins. I tucked any big bits back under itself. I peeled and cored a couple of pears and sliced the pears into thin slices. I rolled the pear slices in some brown sugar and threw them in a pan with some butter. After cooking them for a couple of minutes (turning once) they were looking caramelised. I took them out of the pan and spooned them into the lined cases. I brushed the edges of the filo pastry with milk to ensure they browned nicely, and placed the tarts into a preheated oven (220 degrees celsius/200 fan forced) for 7-8 minutes.

I topped the tarts with vanilla icecream and sprinkled some ground cinnamon on top.

I immediately felt the winter blues slip away...

3 comments on "Individual caramelised pear tarts"

Gaya on Tuesday, 20 May, 2008 said...

Hi Kel,

Im Gayethri, am from Malaysia and ive been wanting to write to u for a long time actually. Have to tell you that i was inspired to start my cookery blog by your blog! Yes, you can call me a fan =) Tried your recipe's (you can see that i've tried out your toffee shards-was a great hit!) and they've all turned out pretty nice. My favorite is your mom's birthday cake, it's one of the most prettiest home made cakes ive ever seen! So i should say THANK YOU for inspiring me and please do check out my very amateur blog!
Regards,
Gayethri

Gaya on Tuesday, 20 May, 2008 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kel @ sweet treats on Tuesday, 20 May, 2008 said...

Aww thanks Gayethri, that's lovely to hear! I must say I am quite thrilled to have a fan! :D

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez