Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Hyphen!

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 4:52 PM
Yes, our girl with the hyphenated name, Marie-Louise, is having a birthday!

For Marie, or Hyphen as we at work like to call her, it was chocolate cake smothered in raspberry buttercream. The finishing touches were a giant sugarpaste bow on top, pearls around the base and a pretty pink ribbon running around the cake.

I really wanted to cover this cake in fondant but alas, I found I had run out. The finish isn't as smooth as I'd hoped, but it will be delicious nevertheless.

Happy Birthday lovely!

8 comments on "Happy Birthday Hyphen!"

Gaya on Monday, 26 May, 2008 said...

Love the big bow and big pearls!

giz on Monday, 26 May, 2008 said...

The bow and pearls are so girly and then chocolate and raspberry - what's not to like?

Now I don't feel so bad for calling my son dipstick.

kel @ sweet treats on Monday, 26 May, 2008 said...

Thanks Gaya!

Giz - I love the chocolate and raspberry combo. It's one of my faves. Oh and bwahaha @ the dipstick comment! :D

Anonymous said...

hello fellow voguette here. I love reading your blog, you have inspired me to make my own but I am not confident enough to make it public yet, will have to master a few things first;) Thanks for the great read and tips!

kel @ sweet treats on Thursday, 29 May, 2008 said...

Hi Sarz, thanks for stopping by! It's always nice to hear from fellow Voguettes!

Let me know when your blog's up and running, I'd love to see it!

Sunny on Sunday, 01 June, 2008 said...

Hey Kel, I am eager to know how your new mixer is going? Im considering buying one but dont want to pay the gazillion dollars for a kitchenaid mixer.

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 01 June, 2008 said...

Hey Sunny!

My mixer is going great! I love it. I do still lust over KitchenAids but I can't justify paying so much for a machine that isn't as powerful as my current one. I would love the attachments though (pasta maker and icecream maker in particular).

I would definitely recommend the Sunbeam Mixmaster - it's very powerful (has two motors) and it comes two sets of beaters, two bowls and dough hooks (which are a lifesaver - I will never hand-knead dough again!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet comments abou tme........

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez