Saturday, May 17, 2008

A delightful day out

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 3:30 PM
My dear friend Charlotte and I have a tradition of 'cupcake hunting'. We are in the process of hitting all of the cupcake shops here in Melbourne, and today's destination of choice was Little Cupcakes in Degraves St.

A quaint little store, it is simple in its presentation; however its beauty is in the simplistic handwritten signage and vintage decor.

The cupcakes are available in mini ($2 each) or regular sized ($3.70 each) and are presented in a cute little box.

I got lemon, coconut, strawberry, mint, Belgian chocolate and chocolate topped with white chocolate and a Tiny Teddy.

The verdict? All of the cakes were soft with a delicate crumb, and the texture was lovely. The buttercream was slightly oily which was a little offputting but on the whole these tiny cupcakes were delicious. My favourite was the Belgian chocolate. I would recommend getting the mini cupcakes so that you get a diverse range of flavours, and also because I feel the regular sized ones would be too rich. Other flavours available included red velvet and vanilla.

My only gripe? The many spelling mistakes in their signage. Yes I am anal about spelling, and I feel that if you're going to run a business you should double check the spelling on all of your signs. 'Mini' is not spelled 'minni', people.

I will hop off my high horse now.

1 comments on "A delightful day out"

Anonymous said...

They look gorgeous! I love the size and the way they do their icing. But yes the typos would drive me a bit crazy :lol:

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez