Saturday, May 17, 2008

Birthday cupcakes for birthday boy x 2

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 4:00 PM
Yep, you read correctly...birthday cupcakes for twin boys! I was so happy to meet Ivy and her fiance today when they came to pick up the 35 cupcakes I created for their twins' first birthday party.

The brief was to incorporate aqua, so I made chocolate cupcakes and topped them with white vanilla buttercream and an aqua letter or star. The cupcakes spelled out 'happy birthday Max and Henrik' and I popped fondant stars on the rest of the cakes.

Happy birthday little ones!

5 comments on "Birthday cupcakes for birthday boy x 2"

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I think your cupcakes are Awesome!! I'm so inspired by your recipes and work!! keep up the good work. I'll be saving your blogspot. Monique

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 18 May, 2008 said...

Thanks Monique! :)

giz on Sunday, 18 May, 2008 said...

I'm trying to imagine the patience it took to put it all together. My eyes are getting glossed over just thinking about working with that fondant and creating those letters.... you're a saint.

Lisa loves cake on Monday, 26 May, 2008 said...

Hi Kel! I have been addicted to your blog since I found it, you are so incredibly talented! I was just wondering, what brand and what size piping tips do you use to cover your cupcakes so well? These ones look fantastic, but I can't find anything big enough. Thanks, Lisa

kel @ sweet treats on Tuesday, 27 May, 2008 said...

Hi Lisa,

For these cupcakes I used a big plastic tip that I got in a pack of three at Cake Deco here in Melbourne.

I have used a coupler in the past to do the plain swirl though and I have found that works fine too.

Thanks for your kind comments :D

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez