Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All things vintage...

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 7:30 PM
I had an order come in from Singapore (yes, I know! I'm international!) for some birthday cupcakes. You see, my client was in need of a unique and fun birthday present for her sister that lives here in Melbourne...and what is better than cupcakes!

J was kind enough to let me have creative control over these cupcakes, and I decided to go for a vintage/chic theme. J's only requests were that the cupcakes be of varied designs and that they include her name.

So here's what I came up with - 12 beautiful chocolate cupcakes iced with vanilla buttercream.

Little blossoms adorned the tops of some...

...while tiny white sprinkles topped some others...

...and here they all are, packaged up and ready to be gobbled up!

6 comments on "All things vintage..."

Anonymous said...

Kel,

I cannot thank you enough. My sister absolutely adore the cupcakes and upping the notch was discovering you dressed them in vintage theme!

I wish I was the one receiving the cupcakes instead.

J :)

Brierley + Clover on Thursday, 15 May, 2008 said...

Absolutely love these Kel - just gorgeous!

giz on Thursday, 15 May, 2008 said...

What a great job you did - the icing colours are so bang on vintage - I'm amazed you got it so close.

The cupcakes are the bomb - so delicate - such a nice statement and yummy to boot.

Anonymous said...

I LURVE the ones with the rosettes. They look so funky!

Anonymous said...

These cupcakes are absolutely stunning! The colouring and detail on them is beautiful

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 15 June, 2008 said...

Thanks guys! :D

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez