Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm going bananas!

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 9:55 AM
Well, rather my kitchen is going bananas.

Coles had our beloved bananas on special last week for $1.50/kg (a far cry from the outrageous prices caused by cyclones up north that saw us all on banana rations for about a year!) so I stocked up. You may have noticed I have been cooking a lot of banana recipes this weekend...and that would be why. I can't bear to have any bananas go to waste after not being allowed to have them for so long.

Today's breakfast was banana & chocolate chip muffins. Shock horror, it's not a cupcake! Oh well, at least it means I don't have to bother with icing. Hehe.

I borrowed the recipe from here.

I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand so I used a mixture of milk chocolate buttons and chopped couverture chocolate (so these are tres tres fancy muffins!) I also whacked in an extra banana for good measure.

I used texas-sized muffin liners so I got 6 giant muffins, but you would get about 12 cupcake sized muffins out of this mixture.

I'm eating one right now straight from the oven and it is delish!

Happy caking!

4 comments on "I'm going bananas!"

Marilla on Monday, 28 April, 2008 said...

Oooooh I love the wrapping on that one in the picture! It looks fancy, yet it reminds me of the way they wrap fish-and-chips in newspaper. Did you do that or is that the liner?

-Cupcake Rehab

giz on Monday, 28 April, 2008 said...

I just can't even imagine what life was like without bananas for so long. Cool liner on the muffins.

kel @ sweet treats on Monday, 28 April, 2008 said...

Thanks guys!

Marilla - I bought the liners like that. I think they're pretty cute too :)

Marilla on Friday, 02 May, 2008 said...

Well those are great liners! I love them.

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez