Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My well-travelled cupcakes

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 10:14 PM
You may remember my colleague Habib from my very first cupcake orders. He has just returned from a trip to India to visit his family.

Upon his return, he profusely thanked me for the cupcakes, saying that they were delicious (head swells). He then said how his neices couldn't stop raving about them.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE.

"Habib," I say. "Am I correct in saying you have no other family in Australia besides your lovely wife?"

"Yes," he replies, his trademark sly grin sliding across his face.

"So are you telling me...and please feel free to laugh if I'm wrong, but did you take those cupcakes I made for you to INDIA?"

Habib looks at me indignantly.

"I said I was going to, why are you so surprised?"

Silly me had thought he was joking. It's the grin; I can't tell if he's joking or serious half the time.

So yes, my cupcakes flew half way around the world and they were still delicious.

How about that.

1 comments on "My well-travelled cupcakes"

Anonymous said...

Awww that's such a cute story! All the way to India-your cupcakes have gone International! :D

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez