Friday, March 14, 2008

Buttercream booties

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:44 PM
I made these cute buttercream booties today as an experiment for a baby shower order I have coming up. Mum to be is expecting a girl, so it was only fitting I make some pink decorations!

And yes, I am a trooper...less than 24 hours after having my wisdom teeth out in hospital here I am making cake decorations! (Can you tell I don't deal well with being home-bound?)

Stay tuned for baby shower cupcakes in the next coming weeks!

8 comments on "Buttercream booties"

Anonymous said...

OMG - your booties are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Kel they are awesome! You are so talented. Bec

kel @ sweet treats on Tuesday, 18 March, 2008 said...

Thanks girls :)

Angela on Tuesday, 18 March, 2008 said...

Kel!!! How did you make those booties??!! I'm AMAZED!

kel @ sweet treats on Tuesday, 18 March, 2008 said...

They are really quite easy actually!

All you do is use a plain round nozzle to pipe an upright "L" shape, then poke a little indentation with your little finger (dip it in cornflour first so it doesn't stick). Use a #2 nozzle to pipe the laces and detail around the top.

Too easy! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are ADORABLE!

kel @ sweet treats on Monday, 24 March, 2008 said...

Thanks Marilla :)

Unknown on Tuesday, 25 March, 2008 said...

you made these with buttercream????genius! these are fantastic!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez