Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lazy weekend baking

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 3:42 PM
There's a recurring theme this weekend - laziness. I have not done a single thing all weekend.

I lie, I lie. Yesterday I left the house momentarily to go to an aquarium, where my other half bought me a gorgeous siamese fighting fish. I named him Finn.
Anyhoo, I digress.

Today I actually wanted to bake. I haven't been well lately due to my wisdom teeth playing up; I think I only managed to survive because I was downing a cocktail of painkillers and antibiotics each day.
Now that I'm feeling a little more human I actually had the desire, no, the NEED to bake something. And that something was good ol' dependable choccie cupcakes.
I took the opportunity to play around with some pastillage (fondant with gum tragacanth added so that it dries hard). The result of today's effort was chocolate cupcakes topped with musk buttercream and pretty pink pastillage butterflies.


1 comments on "Lazy weekend baking"

Maya Yunos on Friday, 22 February, 2008 said...

Its simple yet nice. I just love E butterflies!! :)

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez