Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just in time for Valentines Day...

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:46 PM
By popular demand, I present to you...

Red Velvet cupcakes, topped with vanilla buttercream and Valentines-themed sprinkles.

These are a light chocolatey cupcake with a distinctive twist - their vibrant red colouring. I know, I know, I made a cardinal sin when I topped these with buttercream rather than the traditional cream cheese frosting. To be honest I love vanilla buttercream much more than cream cheese...and on this occasion I didn't have any cream cheese in the fridge (always a good excuse!)
Happy (early) Valentines Day everyone!
Oh and kudos and thanks to my wonderful other half for the first picture featured in today's post :)

0 comments on "Just in time for Valentines Day..."

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez