Saturday, December 29, 2007

Morning Coffee Slice (Take 2)

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 4:52 PM
You may or may not recall that I posted a recipe for my mum's Morning Coffee slice a couple of months back. I had not yet made it myself so there were no accompanying pictures.

I finally made the slice today, so I'm armed with pics and tips on how to make this delicious caramel-esque slice.

Ingredients:
125g butter
1 packet Arnott's Morning Coffee biscuits (a plain, square cookie for those of you overseas)
1/2 tin of condensed milk
1 tablespoon golden syrup
200g milk chocolate

Line small tray with as many Morning Coffee biscuits as you can.

Melt butter, syrup and condensed milk in a small saucepan, stirring until combined thoroughly. Crush remaining biscuits in food processor and add to mix. Stir until well mixed. Turn out on to lined tray and pop in the freezer for a few minutes to set (this step really isn't necessary but it helps set the mixture a little).

Meanwhile, pop 200g milk chocolate (I used Melts) in the microwave to melt. Yes, I cheat and use the microwave. As long as you're careful and keep stirring the chocolate every 20 seconds or so, you won't have any problems melting it. It's a lot less hassle than melting it in the double boiler.

Spread the chocolate onto the 'caramel' and pop in the fridge to set.

I suppose you'd be best to eat it with your morning coffee, huh :)

The recipe calls for a slice tin; however when I lined my slice tin (which is approximately 25cm x 30cm-ish) I found I didn't have quite enough mixture to cover all of the biscuits. Next time, I will line a smaller tin instead so the filling is thicker.

0 comments on "Morning Coffee Slice (Take 2)"

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez