Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chocolate and coconut truffles

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 9:35 PM
I think this recipe is one of the first things I ever made by myself when I was a kid. I purposely didn't wet my hands so that the mixture would stick and I'd have to lick it off. I also poured in most of the can of condensed milk so I could eat the rest. Such a greedy child.

These are a quick, simple and delicious sweet that can be made a couple of days ahead.

Ingredients:

1 packet Marie biscuits (a plain sweet cookie), crushed finely
2 tbls cocoa
1 can condensed milk
coconut, for rolling

Mix the biscuits and cocoa until combined. Add the condensed milk and stir until mixed well. Wet hands and roll into golf ball sized balls. Roll in coconut. Refrigerate until firm.

And yes, I'm such a loser that I arranged them in a snowflake shape. Yes, I get that it's stinking hot here in Aussie land at this time of year, but Christmas with snow is so ultra romantic to me. I fear I am living my life vicariously through truffles.

1 comments on "Chocolate and coconut truffles"

Tc on Monday, 17 December, 2007 said...

Thanks for the receipt. I might try your chocolate and coconut truffles

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez