Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Shrek

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 11:17 PM



When I first met my boyfriend I was a little apprehensive going to his house for the first time. I knew his nickname was Shrek (he is about as far from a crotchety old ogre as you can get, but anyway...!) but when he told me to look out for the ogre-related signage at his house, I got a little concerned. How far was this Shrek thing going to go?!


You see, Chris owns a 45 acre property, fondly referred to as 'The Swamp'. It is a perfect bushland oasis and I adore spending time there. And while his nickname is still Shrek (and mine is now Princess Fiona, according to all of his friends) he is closer to Prince Charming (the storybook one, not the evil one featured in the Shrek movies!) than a mean ogre.




It was his birthday earlier in the month, and though I was strapped for time I managed to churn out a Shrek related cake. This was a white chocolate mud, iced with vanilla buttercream and fondant. I tried to stick to a Shrek-esque font in the message - check out the little ears on the letters :)



We celebrated my man's 32nd birthday with a huge bonfire, surrounded by his friends and family. It was a fabulous evening and the cake got rave reviews. I even scored a couple of wedding orders on the night! :)

1 comments on "Happy Birthday to my Shrek"

mememe on Tuesday, 26 July, 2011 said...

I can see the love that went into this one. Beautifully done Kel, as always <3

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez