Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An apple for the teacher

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:43 PM
My gorgeous cousin Liam has had a very rough couple of months but he's finally finished his teaching degree. His cousin on the other side of the family thought it was only fitting that we throw him a graduation party and she asked me if I could create a cake for Liam.

Since Liam had been studying teaching I created a couple of fondant toppers; one was a mortar board (there's something about those that make the wearer feel very distinguished and important...well that's how I felt wearing mine, anyway!) and the other was an apple. An apple for the teacher, geddit? I crack myself up. Seriously.
The cake was vanilla bean, was iced in vanilla buttercream and covered in fondant.

I must catch up with Liam to see if he's feeling ok...he ate the apple. The entire thing. He was just a little wired afterwards. 100% sugar will do that to you I guess.

Congrats cuz!

3 comments on "An apple for the teacher"

KayB on Tuesday, 29 June, 2010 said...

Oh wow! My partner graduates uni this year so I'll be using this cake as inspiration!

Sprinkles on Thursday, 01 July, 2010 said...

I love your creativity with the big cakes! They are amazing, especially this apple. We are looking to feature more Australian bakers on our blog www.partycupcakeideas.com so let me know if you do anything like this on a cupcake and I'll feature it on the blog!
Cheers
Sprinkles
www.partycupcakeideas.com

bba01 on Sunday, 12 December, 2010 said...

Hi,
My name is Bogdan from Romania! I want to make friends!
Can we be friends?? LinkExchange??
My blog address is: www.bogdanstelistul.blogspot.com
Thank you!!!!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez