Friday, October 23, 2009

My wishlist

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:28 AM
Telling people what to buy me for my birthday is not on my list of favourite things to do. I feel uncomfortable that people feel obliged to buy me presents and ask me what I would like.

It's my birthday next week and I thought I'd compile a list of my most lusted after items. I don't expect to get anything from this list but I thought it could serve as a list of presents I can buy myself when I am working again.

Global Millennium 7 piece knife block set

Everyone in the kitchen biz knows that Global are the leaders when it comes to knives. I am trying my best to resist this amazingly awesome knife block from Peters of Kensington. Retailing for $639, PoK are selling it for a steal at just $276. Sigh. I burn, I pine, I perish.

Avanti Cookie Press & Icing Set

Anyone who knows me well will know I turn my nose up at icing syringes (give me my giant Loyal piping bags any day) but I can't resist this cookie press. It's a bargain at $18 and it helps to create perfectly formed cookies every time.

Circulon Elite Steel Deep Skillet with Lid (30cm)

I am a huge advocate of Circulon cookware. In fact, I have it linked over there ---> It is the best cookware I've ever used and it is truly non stick. I love being able to fry eggs without any oil whatsoever. I have the 5 piece cookware set but I'd love a large frypan/skillet (I lost mine in The Great Divorce of 2009). This skillet has a lid and it is oven safe to 200 degrees celsius.

New Moon: The Illustrated Movie Companion

Yes, because I'm truly tragic and join the millions of teenage girls and Twimoms in the anticipation of the latest installment of The Twilight Saga. You have no idea how excited I am that it is less than one month until New Moon is released at the cinema. In fact I don't want you to know how excited I am because then you might never read my blog again. Yes, I'm that sad. If you bought me the New Moon movie companion I would love you for life. Seriously.

The Vampire Diaries series

Even though these vampires don't sparkle I'm still hooked on The Vampire Diaries TV series. I'd love the books...in fact I might pay more attention to the storyline if the delicious visuals of Stefan and Damon weren't there to distract me.

Cuisinart Two Bowl Icecream Maker

Summer is just around the corner and I am looking forward to making my own delicious icecreams and sorbets. I have a book with loads of icecream recipes and I'm dying to give them a try. I know I have a KitchenAid now and there is an icecream attachment available but this machine has two bowls. TWO! I would share icecream with you, I really would.

Rosacea Skin Facial - Elysium Day Spa

I have the unfortunate luck of having rosacea, which means I pretty much look permanently embarrassed. It's easy to tell if I'm stressed/upset/angry because I get red splotches across my chest and up my neck. There's no lying about how I feel unless I wear a skivvy. How attractive. I could really use a de-stress and this facial from Elysium Day Spa here in Ballarat would be perfect.

Personalised KitchenAid Cover

One of my favourite food bloggers, Lorraine from Not Quite Nigella, got a personalised KitchenAid cover a while back and I've been lusting after one since then. Granted, I didn't have a KitchenAid back then...but I do now and there's no stopping me! If you're feeling generous, I want a black canvas one with red trim and 'live. laugh. love.' embroidered on it. Just so you know. Here's a link to the eBay seller Lorraine purchased hers from.

So there you have it...all the things I'm currently lusting after. So tell me, what are yours?

4 comments on "My wishlist"

Anonymous said...

Is that Circulon Skillet pretty much a wok? I'm in need of a work. I have the circulon frypans in this range and think they are excellent.

-Smarjs.

kel @ sweet treats on Tuesday, 27 October, 2009 said...

I suppose you could use it as a wok, though I'm sure the Asian purists out there will shoot me down for suggesting such a thing hahaha!

Shona said...

Oooh, I got the Ikasu knife set for Christmas 4 years ago, best present ever. The Millenium knife block is much cooler but I wanted the 13cm cooks knife (my most abused knife), the bread knife is awesome too.

Neesh on Saturday, 14 November, 2009 said...

Get the Global knives, trust me. They are the best kitchen investment I've ever made.

I also got the Ikasu 6 piece set last year and while I'm nowhere near a real cook, I look forward to chopping things up now. I seriously love it! Tomatoes that are a bit squishy? No problem!

The best place to get them are at Myers or DJs just after xmas when they have their 30% off sales. If DJs doesn't have as cheap a price as Myer but you want to buy them there anyway (say for reward points) and they have the same knife set in stock they will price match too :D

xxx
Miss Neesh

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez