Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I swear these are not football related cupcakes

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 10:08 PM
Despite these cupcakes having a bit of a Hawthorn footy colour scheme, I promise they were not intended that way. I must have let the September subliminal football advertising get to me or something.

Two of my gorgeous work colleagues Elysia and Debbie asked me to make them some cupcakes a couple of weeks ago. There wasn't really a design brief in mind but Elysia requested red velvet, so red velvet is what she got.

I made both girls a mixture of vanilla bean and red velvet cupcakes. I topped the red velvet cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and the vanilla bean cupcakes with vanilla buttercream.
They were decorated with non pariels and edible pearls.

In other news...

I have unexpectedly had to move out of Melbourne (no, the feds haven't caught up with me...yet...) and down to my hometown, Ballarat. Just thought I'd let you know in case any Melbournites were after cakes in the coming months. It is a beautiful drive down to B-Town though, so if you've got a desperate cake craving feel free to drop me a line and I'll welcome you with open arms. The move has completely turned my world upside down, but sometimes you have to make tough choices...and in the end you have to do what's right for you.

So, in the spirit of doing things that make you happy...here is a tulip. Tulips make me happy.
Have a good week!

6 comments on "I swear these are not football related cupcakes"

BizarreQuilter on Sunday, 27 September, 2009 said...

Oh my goodness! That will be tough if you are sharing your parents' kitchen. I know I like to use all my own specific tools, and I like to know where they are. ACK!

Stace said...

Tulips, kel, you are so cute

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the velcros were all over 320 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that exact make. The prices for the velcros were around 200 pounds everwhere. But definitively I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 240 bucks everwhere. But for all I set this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez