Saturday, July 18, 2009

Some cakey goodness for you all

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 4:35 PM
I love a good pic of a good cake. I wish I had the time and space to set up a proper light box to get better pics of the food I make. I already get in enough trouble for photographing every sweet thing I eat ('Kelllll can we just eat it nowwww?') so it's probably a good thing that I don't take the time to set up my shots.

Anyways, I've been quiet on the blogging front for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd share a couple of pics of some yummy cake and cupcakes that I made this week.

My work colleagues had been bugging me for ages for some cupcakes, so I finally relented and brought in some mini cupcakes to share. Matt had specifically requested a duck on his cupcake (yes, I'm unsure why too).
These were vanilla bean cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream. Matt's duck (who I had to carry out emergency surgery on the following day - poor duckie's beak fell off!) was made of fondant. You can check out my tutorial on duck-making here.

Today I had a visit from Angela and Steve. Ange and I went to uni together many moons ago (we both only lasted one year at The University of Ballarat before completing degrees at other universities) and she asked me to do her wedding cake in January next year.

Ange and Steve came by today to talk cake and have a taste of my signature dark chocolate mud cake.
I baked a mini cake for them to taste and coated and torted it with dark chocolate ganache. This cake is so decadent and rich - you only need a little piece!

Stay tuned for copious amounts of cakes over the next 6 weeks - I'm booked solid!

6 comments on "Some cakey goodness for you all"

Linda on Saturday, 18 July, 2009 said...

Oh wow! That mud cake looks just gorgeous!

Cupquakes on Saturday, 18 July, 2009 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cupquakes on Saturday, 18 July, 2009 said...

Kel, the mud cake looks to die for and those cupcakes are so cute. Can I ask what tip you used for the blue swirly icing? I love the way it looks.

maggiedon on Saturday, 18 July, 2009 said...

(in the style of Homer Simpson) ....mmmmmmm, chocolate mud cake........I am licking the screen. LOVE your blog, and can't wait for the cakes in the upcoming weeks.

chocomonster said...

YUMYUM! love your mudcake!! it looks so gorgeously divinely yummmmmyyyy!!!:D can't wait for the next few weeks!

Charlotte said...

mmmm yum! Cant wait to see what you've got installed for my sisters 21st cake(s)! :)

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez