Thursday, July 30, 2009

P-p-poker cake, p-p-poker cake

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 7:33 PM
Yes, I'm that lame that I sang a cake version of Lady Gaga's song Poker Face while I worked on this cake. I did the same thing when I did my brother's poker cake earlier this year. That's just how I roll.

Kate, a work colleague of mine, asked me to do a cake for her partner Tyler's birthday. Tyler is a bit of a poker nut so a poker cake was a natural choice. The cards Kate chose to form the cake have significance - it is Tyler's favourite hand. And the suit had to be hearts. Awww. Feeling the love.
Kate chose a dark chocolate mud cake, which I coated with vanilla buttercream and fondant.
The jack was hand drawn by moi, and was made using edible markers and rice paper.

Kate received a very excited text message at work today when Tyler found the cake sitting on his kitchen bench, where Kate had left it as a special birthday treat.

Happy birthday Tyler!

3 comments on "P-p-poker cake, p-p-poker cake"

Cupquakes on Thursday, 30 July, 2009 said...

Hands down, this cake is ACE Kel! ;)

Kelly on Saturday, 01 August, 2009 said...

Wow, what an AMAZING job, even drawing that card, wow..

kel @ sweet treats on Saturday, 01 August, 2009 said...

Thanks Cupquakes! Nice pun, haha!

Thanks Kelly :) The card was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez