Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Home made pizza is the best kind of pizza

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:18 PM
I know that I have been posting some savoury recipes lately and I hope you don't mind! As much as I love sweet treats, I am desperately trying to curb my disgracefully sweet tooth.

This doesn't mean the end of sweet recipes - it simply means the addition of some savoury treats to keep you toasty warm this Winter.

So without further ado...home made pizza!

Pizza Dough

1 7g sachet yeast
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup warm water
2 tbl olive oil
2 cups plain flour

Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (180 fan forced). Combine water, yeast, sugar and salt in a small jug. Cover the jug with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes until foamy.

Sift flour into bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour yeast mixture and olive oil into the well and gently mix to form a dough. This is where I cheat and use the dough hooks on my Mixmaster, but if you don't have one, you can turn the dough out onto a floured bench and knead until smooth and elastic.

For thick crust, roll all of the mixture out and press into an oiled tray. For thin crust pizza, split the dough in half and roll both halves out. Press into two oiled trays.

The choice of toppings is completely up to you - you could even use this dough for a sweet pizza (yes, I think I am having sugar withdrawals!) It's important you don't overload the pizza base with toppings, otherwise you'll end up with a soggy mess. Nobody wants that!

I topped my thin crust pizza with barbeque sauce, shredded cooked chicken breast, button mushrooms, onion, pineapple and mozarella cheese. Delish!

0 comments on "Home made pizza is the best kind of pizza"

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez