Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Comfort Food: Chewy Double Choc Chip Cookies

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:09 PM
I've been under the weather for the past few days so I tried to cheer myself up by baking some cookies. These cookies certainly helped brighten my day, so I hope they do the same for you!

125g unsalted butter, softened & cubed
1/2 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup firmly packed muscavado sugar (you can substitute brown sugar if need be)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2/3 cup self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
100g white chocolate chips
100g milk or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced) and line baking trays with non stick baking paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and vanilla together until creamy. Add egg & mix until well combined. Turn the mixer speed down to low and sift in flours. At this point the mixture might appear crumbly; turn off the mixer and use a wooden spoon to form the mixture into a ball. Pour in the chocolate chips and use your hands to mix these through the dough.

Split the dough in half and make two sausage shapes. Using a knife, cut 1 cm thick rounds. Because of the choc chips you may not be able to cut straight through the dough, so use your hands to shape the cookies. Of course this step is not compulsory; you're welcome to place teaspoonfuls of the dough on the baking sheet. I, however, am completely anal and prefer that my cookies are uniform and neatly shaped.


Ensure you leave 5 cm between each cookie and the sides of the tray as these cookies flatten and spread.

Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until slightly browned. At this point the cookies will not feel cooked if you lightly press them. Have faith! Leave them to rest for a few minutes and then use a spatula to transfer them to a cooling rack. 10 minutes is the optimum cooking time for a chewy, moist cookie; however if you would prefer a crunchy cookie, leave them to cook for a couple more minutes.

Makes approximately 20 cookies.
I am not responsible for any weight gain caused by the consumption of these delicious morsels!

Enjoy!

12 comments on "Comfort Food: Chewy Double Choc Chip Cookies"

Stace said...

oooooooooo they look delicious. Chewy choc chip cookies are my fav.

Cupcake Corner - Adelaide on Thursday, 14 May, 2009 said...

These look absolutely scrumptious!! I am not surprised they made you feel better. Thank you for the tips, will be making them real soon xx

Ange said...

Oh Delish!

PS - I can't believe it Kel. I found a typo on your blog!! I never thought I'd see the day.. :)

Love your work as usual! x

kel @ sweet treats on Friday, 15 May, 2009 said...

Arghhhhh! I blame the sickness, lol! Thanks for picking it up Ange, will fix now! :)

Charlotte said...

yum Kel!! THey look fabo!!!

liss on Sunday, 17 May, 2009 said...

YUMMY Kel ~ I made them tonight and you get 5 Double choc chip cookies out of 5!! From Justin and I! YUMMY

Stacey on Thursday, 28 May, 2009 said...

Yum... my favorite!

VintageBubbles on Tuesday, 16 June, 2009 said...

I made these cookies and they rock, thanks for posting the receipe!!!!

Kate Jordan said...

I have been hunting for the best choc chip cookie recipe and after 11 attempts I have found it...absolutely delish!!! YUMMMM! Thank you!!

kel @ sweet treats on Friday, 14 August, 2009 said...

Glad to be of service :)

Tanya said...

these were absolutely heavenly! everyone at home loved them! I left out the white chocolate chips and used brown sugar instead but they still turned out amazing!

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 01 November, 2009 said...

Sounds like a great alternative Tanya! Glad you liked them! :)

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez