Sunday, May 17, 2009

Banana, coconut and white chocolate muffins

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 8:20 PM
I had some bananas that were in need of being baked into something delicious so I set about trying to come up with something I hadn't baked before. I love banana cakes and muffins but it becomes tiresome baking the same recipes over and over again. I was after a bit of a twist on the traditional banana muffin, but wasn't in the mood to try anything too outlandish. I settled on two ingredients that caught my eye - white chocolate chips and shredded coconut.

Banana Rough Muffins

2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
60g butter, melted and cooled
3 small bananas, mashed
1/3 cup shredded coconut
150g white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180 celsius (160 fan forced) and prepare a 6 hole Texas muffin tin with muffin liners. Sift flour into a bowl and stir in sugar, making a well in the centre. Whisk milk, eggs and butter together and pour into well. Gently stir until just combined. Add banana, coconut and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.

Spoon into prepared muffin liners and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.


Enjoy!

3 comments on "Banana, coconut and white chocolate muffins"

Charlotte said...

I just made these Kel... so yum!! Love your work :) :) :)

Claudia on Thursday, 28 May, 2009 said...

Definitelhy going to make them. Looking at my banana and white chocolate right now. What a delicious idea.

Nicole Grant on Tuesday, 30 November, 2010 said...

Great recipe! Easy to make and very tasty!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez