Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wedding cupcake tasting with Paula and Tom

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 9:14 PM
Paula and Tom are getting married soon and I was honoured to be asked to do their wedding cupcakes for them. The lovely couple came over to my place to taste some flavours and decide on what looks they wanted for their cakes.




Paula said she wanted a light flavour rather than a dense cake so the three flavours I offered them today were lemon & coconut, orange & poppyseed and vanilla. I topped some with passionfruit, lemon, vanilla and raspberry buttercream and the rest with fondant. Decorations included pearls, blossoms and roses.







I put together some potential designs and was pleasantly surprised when we had worked out a flavour and design combo within 15 minutes. Here's a couple who work together well!



Thanks for coming over guys, it was great to meet you!

7 comments on "Wedding cupcake tasting with Paula and Tom"

Renee on Monday, 01 December, 2008 said...

they all look wonderful Kel! Which ones did they end up choosing?

kel @ sweet treats on Tuesday, 02 December, 2008 said...

Hey Renee :)

They ended up choosing lemon & coconut with lemon buttercream. I'll be doing the 'rose swirl' and putting a sugar rose on top. Half the roses will be pink, the other half will be ivory. I get a chance to try out my new stand, so I'm psyched! :)

Anonymous said...

im startin my patisserie course soon and just came across ur blog. i just have to say:

your a great inspiration!! =)

kel @ sweet treats on Wednesday, 03 December, 2008 said...

Wow, thanks Amanda! That's a huge compliment! :D

WitchOne on Thursday, 04 December, 2008 said...

Are you charging for your work yet my love? You do know you'll be doing my wedding don't you? And when are you getting married to that gorgeous boy of yours by the way?????

In fact, just e-mail me would you please?

Annie on Sunday, 07 December, 2008 said...

Hey Kel, they look lovely! And from your description of which they chose, it's the 5th pic from the start of the post? I hope so, because they are my favourite!

kel @ sweet treats on Sunday, 07 December, 2008 said...

Yep you're right Annie! I love it too :)

Making close to 100 of those roses is going to be interesting lol! Though I do find it cathartic...I can just do it in front of the TV hehe!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez