Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A couple of weeks of cake making

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 6:52 PM
Apologies for my recent absence - I have been very busy doing cakes and I have also started a new job this week, so it has been madness!

Firstly, I did a cake for my mum and sister's birthdays. All three of us girls have our birthdays within three weeks of each other, and both of my mum's sisters also have birthdays in Oct/Nov so it's rather crazy in our family around this time of year!

I decided to use the occasion to work on my sugar roses. Their cake was a traditional chocolate cake sandwiched with a lightly cocoa flavoured buttercream.
Here are my girls tucking into the cake shortly after blowing out their candles:

The next cake on the agenda was for Lachie, who was turning one. Lachie's mum asked me to incorporate the design of the party invitation into the cake design. We decided upon a cake decorated with blue and white cutouts and a "1" topper. The cake flavour was chocolate mud and it was filled with vanilla buttercream.

The next cake was for Liss and Justin, friends of mine who recently got engaged in London. As my gift to them, I made them a cake for their engagement party.

The bottom tier was dark chocolate mud and the top tier was white chocolate mud.

The happy couple celebrated with friends and family in their backyard in western Victoria.


Congratulations guys!

2 comments on "A couple of weeks of cake making"

Anonymous said...

The engagement cake looks DELICIOUS Kel!!!

weenie_elise on Wednesday, 26 November, 2008 said...

great work kel... sounds busy

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez