Sunday, March 2, 2008

So many blueberries, so little time to bake!

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 9:17 PM
Even after a mammoth weekend in Adelaide, I still managed to make use of the delicious berries I had waiting for me in my fridge. I was lucky enough to get my greedy little paws on several punnets of blueberries so of course that means many berrylicious treats!

The first product of the blueberry pandemic was vanilla cupcakes stuffed with macerated blueberries, topped with vanilla buttercream and a fondant frangipanni. Mouthful, huh!

I made the fondant frangipannis several days ahead to allow them to dry so they could withstand the humid weather that has been sporadically gracing Melbourne for the past few weeks.
I made these using Orchard icing (lazy, I know) and painted them with a diluted food colouring. I sprinkled edible glitter to give them a sheen.

After baking the cupcakes, I cut cones out of the tops and stuffed them with blueberries that I had macerated in lemon juice & caster sugar. I topped them with vanilla buttercream and one of my fondant flowers.

Tada!

5 comments on "So many blueberries, so little time to bake!"

Brierley + Clover on Monday, 03 March, 2008 said...

I love that frangipani sea - all your cakes make my mouth water!

Angela on Tuesday, 04 March, 2008 said...

Love the new look blog Kel - and the cupcakes!

kel @ sweet treats on Wednesday, 05 March, 2008 said...

Thanks for your kind comments girls! :)

Anonymous said...

Those flowers look spectacular-so well done! :)

Sunny on Sunday, 09 March, 2008 said...

Hey,

Really great blog! I'd love your advice on mine:
www.sunnylandsydney.blogspot.com
Keep up the great work!

Love Sunny

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez