Saturday, February 23, 2008

Goodbye Benny

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 2:16 PM

Today we say goodbye to another of my dearest friends, Ben. He is moving to Sydney and, in true Ben style, is throwing a soiree tonight in honour of the big move and his birthday, which is tomorrow. He asked me to provide cupcakes for the occasion, so of course I obliged.

Firstly, I made chocolate cupcakes. I cut a cone out of the top with a paring knife and stuffed a raspberry inside.

I then piped on raspberry buttercream and finished the look with silver cachous of varying sizes.

I then made some lemon cupcakes and topped them with lemon buttercream and papaya shards.

I also made a surprise cutting cake for Ben in honour of him going to Sydney. It is a tall layered chocolate cake with a raspberry centre and is covered in marbled fondant. Decorating it are some pastillage stars, silver cachous, buttercream and a little toy Qantas plane. I hope he likes it.

2 comments on "Goodbye Benny"

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that airplane cake is fabulous!!

By the way, I've "tagged" you. To see what that means, there's an explanation on my site when you've got a spare minute. Just like tag in the playground really for food bloggers! :)

Anonymous said...

How could anyone not like your totally awesome airplane cake?

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez