Friday, November 2, 2007

Pineapple Hibiscus Cupcakes

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 5:37 PM

I took advantage of the juicy pineapples we have this season and whipped up these pineapple cupcakes today. They are made by using the standard vanilla cupcake recipe; however I omitted half the milk and added pineapple juice in its place. I also added one small tin of crushed pineapple and a couple of extra tablespoons of SR flour.

For the frosting, I beat 100g butter with 500g icing sugar and the remainder of the pineapple juice from the can.

The dried pineapple slices are made by finely slicing half a fresh pineapple with a mandolin, coating both sides in a sugar syrup and baking on non stick paper for 1 hour @ 100 degrees fan forced (however I found this was far too long as the pieces dried out too much and were unpliable. I would cut this back to 45 mins, tops).

Just sampled one...delish!

0 comments on "Pineapple Hibiscus Cupcakes"

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez