Thursday, November 1, 2007

How NOT to make sugarpaste roses...

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 11:57 AM
I am at home sick today, and since my boss has told me that 'you better not bake anything today!!' I thought I would give sugarpaste roses a go. I had some coloured sugarpaste left over from the cake I made the other day, so there was absolutely no baking/cooking/microwaving/simmering involved at all. HA!

Now, I'm quite embarrassed by these pics but they truly show that practice makes...well, not PERFECT, but much better.

I have no idea why I thought this would look anything remotely like a rose. It was my very first attempt, and I almost gave up on this silly idea there and then.


I forced myself to make a couple more, and the results were slightly better.


I was finally happy with my last two...in fact, I might use them on my mum's birthday cake later this month.

I'm going to practice some more, because god knows I need all the practice I can get!

0 comments on "How NOT to make sugarpaste roses..."

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez