Saturday, October 6, 2007

Vanilla Cupcakes

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 7:08 AM
I get many requests for these cupcakes!

This recipe makes a light, fluffy cupcake that can be used as a base for many other flavours.
Simply substitute vanilla essence for other essences (rosewater, lemon, peppermint, etc).




These are the cupcakes I made for my godson's 2nd birthday (Sept 2007)

Ingredients:

125g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cream butter, essence and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in half the sifted flour and half the milk, then the remaining flour and milk. Spoon about a dessert spoon full into patty pans and bake for 12-15 mins. Makes 24 small cupcakes/12 muffin sized cupcakes.


Vanilla buttercream frosting

I just bung whatever quantities in, so forgive me for my guess-timates.

Ingredients:


125g butter
500g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tablespoon warm water

Method:

Beat it all together with the electric mixer until you've got a really stiff mixture. Spoon into piping bag and go nuts!!

This recipe will make more than enough for 24 small cupcakes.



3 comments on "Vanilla Cupcakes"

Unknown on Sunday, 07 October, 2007 said...

Those Vanilla cupcakes look great. :)

Anonymous said...

PMSL I just tried this icing (with added cocoa) and when I piped it out it looked like a turd on my muffins!

Sharon on Friday, 27 June, 2008 said...

Hi there,
My sister in law Stacey gave me this recipe recently which I tried out but made strawberry icing instead. I took them to work and they were a hit. Very Yummy!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez