Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blueberry and white chocolate cookies

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 6:56 AM
I have a habit of buying ingredients and not really knowing what to do with them. They will then sit there, taunting me every time I open the cupboard, until I finally come up with a way to use them. So when I bought dried blueberries at Costco a few months back, I didn't have any ideas on how I would use them.
It was when I was home on my own on Australia Day that I set about putting them to good use - in a cookie recipe.

I took these in to work and they were devoured instantly. I took that to mean that they are pretty awesome cookies.

Here's how you can make some for yourself:

125g unsalted butter, cubed & softened
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2/3 cup self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1 cup white choc chips
2/3 cup dried blueberries

Preheat oven to 180 celsius (160 fan forced) and line two baking trays with non stick baking paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat sugars, butter and vanilla until creamy. Add egg and mix until combined. Turn mixer speed down and sift in flours until well combined. Remove bowl from mixer and add choc chips and blueberries and stir in with a wooden spoon.
Taking tablespoons of the mixture, roll into balls and flatten slightly. Place a few centimetres apart on the baking trays as these cookies will spread.
For a soft, chewy cookie (which I prefer) bake for 10 minutes. For a crunchier cookie, leave them in the oven a little longer.
Enjoy!

1 comments on "Blueberry and white chocolate cookies"

bec said...

They look delicious Kel. I may try making them.

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez