Friday, March 6, 2009

Cupcakes for a cause

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 10:03 PM
My good friends and work colleagues Dior and Bec are hosting a trivia night to raise money for the bushfire appeal. They asked me if I could donate some cupcakes to raffle off - and of course I happily agreed.




I thought I'd make some girly, pretty cupcakes to try and tempt the tastebuds of some trivia buffs.



I used my trusty vanilla bean cupcake recipe and topped the cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. I decorated them with some fondant roses and pearl cachous.


I've decided that those pearl cachous are my new favourite decorating item. Sooo pretty!

** UPDATE! ** These cupcakes raised $47 for the Victorian Bushfire Appeal in an auction on Saturday! Woohoo!

Happy caking!

Kel

1 comments on "Cupcakes for a cause"

Anonymous said...

they look great Kel!! yum yum!

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez