Sunday, December 7, 2008

Crepes

Posted by kel @ sweet treats at 3:34 PM

I had a craving for paper-thin crepes this morning. I am usually a pancake fan; however today I snubbed thick, fluffy pancakes for thin, crispy crepes.

Crepes are fabulous for their versatility; they can be used in sweet and savoury dishes. This morning I opted to top them with lemon, sugar and blueberries.

Crepes

1 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 eggs
1 cup milk
pinch salt
1 tbls butter, extra

Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in centre and drop eggs and butter in. Whisk eggs into flour and slowly add milk until mixture is smooth with no lumps.

Heat butter in frypan and pour some mixture in so that you have small, circular crepes. Turn when golden brown and serve immediately.

3 comments on "Crepes"

Renee on Thursday, 11 December, 2008 said...

I love crepes too - much more that fluffy American style pancakes.

And...I have recently tagged you for a Kreativ Blogger award because I love your blog!

kel @ sweet treats on Thursday, 11 December, 2008 said...

Wow, thanks Renee! You've made my day :D

Anonymous said...

Any Christmas baking treats for us to drool over Kel?? x

 

:: sweet treats :: Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez